This is a long distance post coming to you all the way from Sedona, Arizona. Ya see, today my dad and I embarked on our semi epic adventure out West. Over the next 6 days we'll be spelunkering around the Grand Canyon ( and other place to see and be seen). But let me back up and tell you all thats happened so far.
We flew out of Charlotte, NC this morning. Now normally I would skip such a minor detail, BUT there was quite the character sitting in the row in front of me that you have to hear about. So before we took off, she was being obnoxiously chatty ( originally I was giving her the caffeine high benefit of the doubt, but no). Anywho I can hear everything she says and she's talking about where she can put her hermit crabs. Homegirl (who is in her 30's btw) has 3 hermit crabs with her on the plane!!! After a battle with the flight attendent she reluctantly puts them and their "hermit crab hotel" on the floor. Soon after she fell asleep (the rows around her were ecstatic at this development). We could all have some peace. Everything was fine and dandy until we landed. She goes to check on the crabs and she shouts that one of them is in and I quote "critical condition" And the scene begins. She's holding the crab that needs to be ushered immediately to the ICU in her hand and legitimately starts breathing on it like she was giving it CPR or something. The whole time she's doing this, she's also shouting out hermit crab facts (they need 70% humidity etc). I felt so bad for the poor guy next to her because she kept shoving the sickly crab in his face. I do believe she's a nut.
Okay so we arrived safely (minus 1 hermit crab) in Phoenix and OMG is it different than Clemson (obvi). It's completely flat aside from the dune-ish mountains. The whole landscape is like one neutral color (even the houses look dusty). We got our rental car and started heading towards Sedona (like 2 hours away). We were ravenous so we pulled of on the Happy Valley exit. I' mean with a name like that, theres got to be some good eats right? Low and behold they had a Mellow Mushroom! Can you believe it? I couldn't...I was certain it was some mirage brought on by me being in the desert. But after one bite of that Mighty Meaty pizza, I knew it was legit. After our faces were sufficiently stuffed, we kept on truckin to Sedona. And OMG it is crazy beautiful. It definitely kicks Phoneix's bootay. As my dad was driving I was having to take pictures with both mine and his camera. I was snappin shots left and right out of the window. We stopped gawking long enough to check in at our hotel (with sick nasty views).
We consulted with the guy working at the front desk (his name is Ram and he's my new best friend) about where we should eat. He suggested a place called Javelina Cantina. OOO baby did Ram steer us right. It was so warm and cozy inside (the perfect atmosphere for me to stuff my face with chips and homemade salsa). I ordered the chicken and vegetable burrito and it was BANGIN. Seriously, the best burrito I've ever had (suck it Moe's, Monterreys, and San Jose). My dad got the salmon tostada and he still hasn't stopped talking about it. We were definitely members of the CPC (clean plate club) tonight. After dinner we walked around and peeped in windows (of stores) hoping the sun would start to set. And of course it did because I mean obviously it's the sun and it's kind of predictable. But anywho the sunset was ahhhhhmazing. I'm really hoping my camera did it justice.
To sum up the day---Don't give hermit crabs CPR in public, it's weird. Javelina Cantina is da bomb and Sedona is beyond cool.
Now tomorrow we're headed to the Grand Canyon. I can't wait to see how a landscape can get more epic than the one I'm looking at right now. I'm pumped.
ps. earth, i love you
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment