Thursday, April 29, 2010
The Blog Bug
As if Facebook and Twitter weren't enough, now I've been bitten by the blog bug too. I guess it all started when my lovely friend Rachael and I in a fit of procrastination started looking at random blogs of any people we knew. Of course we liked to read one's about wedding plans but we especially like to look at those of the sweet little families we know. Precious baby pictures never get old! Also I just recently got on a Pastor Perry Noble kick....seriously good stuff there check it out, but nothing can compare to The Pioneer Woman. My mom got me her cookbook for Christmas on a whim because it reminded her of me. Apparently mom does know best. Rach discovered The Pioneer Woman's blog this week and I've been obsessed ever since.I basically want to be her when I grow up. I can see so much of myself in her and it's not just because she has red hair and wears carmex all the time.On her blog she writes the love story of her and her husband ( she refers to him as Marlboro Man, cute right?) I don't want to give any of the juicy deets away because you have to read it for yourself but know that it's better than any movie (yes, even The Notebook...THAT GOOD). I was "working" in the Orientation office today and looked like a total nutcase sitting in an office all by myself smiling, giggling, and even tearing up as I read it. Now I'm not the only crazy one, all of my friends have been glued to their computer screens waiting to find out what happens in the story of The Pioneer Woman and her Marlboro Man. Ree writes in a way that speaks to each of us. And as for my blog..... even though I'm not planning a wedding, have any cute baby pics, or an epic love story to tell, I'll try my very best to be entertaining nonetheless :)
Just to make sure you go and read it, here's one of my favorite quotes from The Pioneer Woman thus far.
"He held my heart entirely in his hands, this cowboy of mine, and for the first time in my life, despite everything I’d ever believed about independence and feminism and emotional autonomy, I knew I’d be utterly incomplete without him."
Told ya it was good stuff! Now check it out!!! Confessions of a Pioneer Woman
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment